Conservation and renewal

Bliss Mill

Bliss Mill

 

Burrell Foley Fischer were commissioned to bring a new lease of life to the derelict buildings of Bliss Mill, built by William Bliss II in 1873 for the weaving of high-quality tweeds. The project involved converting and restoring the main mill building, the weaving shed, the Warping House, the Lodge House and outbuildings into residential accommodation, with landscaped grounds, a swimming pool, squash courts, tennis courts and other leisure facilities for use by residents. The restoration work included administering an English Heritage Grant for fabric repairs.